Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another blog about nothing

Yesterday Dave got into one of his cleaning frenzies where everything had to be perfect or he was going to kill all of us trying.  I really hate it when he gets like this, but I like the results.  We got the downstairs cleared out and now the boys can play down there so I do not have to know anything about the Xbox.    For all concerned about them playing unsupervised, I am very strict about what games are allowed into my house, and in fact have received criticism that I need to loosen up.  Andrew, that is not going to happen. 

I think I may have broken my foot.  I am not sure how this could have happened, but it hurts when I touch it and is red and swollen.  I am trying to decide if I should wait until Tuesday to see my regular doctor or to go to the emergency room to have it looked at.  I thought I could wait on Friday but it seems to be getting worse. 

My kids have been watching The Smurfs on the Boomerang channel.  I had forgotten how irritating that theme song can be.  It is like "Its a Small World" and will get stuck deep in my head and come out at the most  inappropriate time.  If you happen to hear me singing it under my breath, please make me stop.  Also, what was Neil Patrick Harris thinking when he agreed to be in the movie that is coming out?  I love him and I hope this is not detrimental to his career. 

We had the neighborhood breakfast on the street where I grew up.  It could also be called the Fountain of Longevity (I can't say youth because they are all in their late 80's or early 90's)since most of the people that lived there are still alive.  My parents bring the average age down by about 5 years since they are only in their 70's. We were joking that people move away at their own risk.   It is cholesterol heaven because they start the fire up about 6:00, even in the thunderstorm, and then they cook bacon, eggs, pancakes, monkey bread, etc and we all eat it until we burst.  It is one of my favorite things about summer. 

Oh well, that is about all that is happening.  I hope that Dave is over his cleaning jag and we can have a more relaxing day today.  I also hope that we all have a safe and happy 4th of July. 

No comments: