Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Better Things

Okay, let me preface this post by telling you I am in a rotten mood.  Please feel free to stop reading now, my feelings won't be hurt, unless I find out, and then I will be more mad directly at you. 

Let me also say that I am a big proponent of people picking up after their pets.  I take this responsibility very seriously as I am a "live and let live" kind of person and I do not want my family to interfere with the happiness of others.  As long as you are not breaking the law and/or getting in my way, it is really none of my business what your lifestyle is. 

So, as I mentioned, I woke up in a bad mood today and then Ryan was his usual uncooperative self while getting ready for school.  Nothing starts your day off better than having a child drag his feet at every single turn, especially on a Monday.  It is a brisk but sunny day here so I decided to take a walk and get some sun and fresh air.  Exercise is supposed to help when you are in a bad mood.  I debated whether or not to take Max and finally decided that I would take him because he deserves to be in the fresh air, too. 

Have I mentioned that I got an iPhone a few months ago?  One of the apps that come with it is Nike+iPad, so I decided to give it a try.  I entered my info and then it said, "Walk around to activate sensor."  I walked for about 1/4 of a mile and it was still saying the same thing.  I stopped to mess with it and Max pooped.  Not to get too graphic, but Max weighs about 17 pounds.  This poop looked like it would do the job for a day or two.  Instead of carrying the poop with me, I left it by the fire hydrant so I could pick it up on my way home.  I proceeded on my way and was walking and messing with my phone trying to get it to play some music or at least do something.  I stopped again as I finally got it to play my theme song, "Better Things" by the Kinks.  Unbeknownst to me, Max pooped again.  With the amount he had already pooped it could not have been any bigger than a peanut M&M.  The home owner was out mowing her lawn and came running up to me and said, "Ma'am, in the future, could you please not let your dog poop on my lawn?"  Of course I was sufficiently mortified and explained that he had already pooped so I left my poop bag and I would swing back and pick it up in a few minutes, and that I was sorry that I didn't notice that he had pooped since I was looking at my phone. 

Now if this had been me and I saw someone let their dog poop on my lawn, I might have said something.  The difference would be that I would have been gracious about the apology instead of being snotty.  Also, did she really think I would let my dog poop on her lawn if she was standing there?  If I was going to let my dog poop in someones yard and not pick it up, which I wouldn't, I would certainly pick a few others before hers. 

I realize that this woman did not know that I was in such a bad mood.  For all I know, this was her straw that broke the camel's back, but seriously, when someone offers a sincere apology, accept it and move on.  Now that I have vented, I am going to move on and let it go. 

That is, unless I see her dog poop in my yard, then it is Game On!

No comments: