Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Another Post About Nothing

I don't really have a lot going on, but I don't want to lose my momentum of writing, so this will be another post about nothing, or random thoughts.

  • Ryan wants to be Iron Man for Halloween.  Have I mentioned that I am not the biggest fan of Halloween? 
  • I very rarely talk about politics on this blog.  It is not that kind of blog, but I do write about kids, and since our elected officials are acting like children, I can talk about them here.  They need to stop this nonsense right now, and allow our people to get back to work.  The simple fact of the matter is that the ACA is now a law, and no matter how long the republicans hold their breath, that won't make it change.  Causing a global depression won't make that change.  Even if what you believe in is 10000% correct, this is not the way to accomplish your goal.  Grow up and do your job.  Rant over. 
  • I have a really cool job that I wish I could talk about here.  I mention this because I feel like a new woman going in every day and working for something I believe in.  Not every day is great, but a bad day in this job is better than a good day in the other jobs that I have had. 
  • I missed exercising today and I will miss it again on Monday.  I have to say I am kind of sad about that.  Three months ago I would not have said that.   I am also wearing a pair of pants that I would not have been able to wear three months ago.  That makes me happy.
  • I just ate my weight in Zeppe's garlic twists for lunch.  Not sure how long said pants will fit.  I am still happy because I love them, and they love me. 
  • Laura is taking Flat Ryan on a tour of the greater Philadelphia area for Ryan's class project.  Is it wrong that I am a little bit jealous of Flat Ryan getting to see such cool sights and spending so much time with Laura?  I need a girls shopping day to spend with my sisters.  I am really looking forward to the day after Thanksgiving. 
  • Have you had an opportunity to see Malala, the girl who is fighting for education for girls?  She is amazing and gives me hope for the future.  I look forward to watching what she accomplishes as she grows older.  SHE IS ONLY 16!
  • I would really like a vacation. 
  • Many public radio stations across the country are having their fall fund drives.  I think  people don't know that these stations do not operate on money generated by commercials.  These stations are funded by members.  Your membership dollars are what keeps the station running.  It is so important to do your part if you have a station that you enjoy.    Please don't assume that someone else is going to do it, because those people are assuming that you are doing it.  We need all of you to contribute. 
Lunch is over so I have to get back to work.  Here is hoping that you all have a great weekend. 

No comments: