Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Round Up of Sorts

I have a lot of half posts roaming in my head.  I thought I would just get them out as a round-up and see where we are.  If there is interest, I can expand, but I doubt that will be  the case.

  • Yesterday was the 21st anniversary of my first date with Dave.  I should say the first time we went out.  I didn't know it was a date.  If you want to know when we went out when we both knew it was a date, that would be the 15th. 
  • I took my contacts out at work today because my eyes are very dry and itchy.  I learned that even if you know you have a pair of glasses in your desk drawer, it would be a good idea to find them before you take out your contacts.  It is slightly embarrassing to have to ask your student assistant to find them for you. 
  • We watched the Kevin James movie, "Here Comes the Boom" yesterday because the kids were still off for the holiday.  It was way better than I thought it would be. 
  • When your kids are off for an extra three days from a two week holiday, you do things you don't think you will do.  Namely watch the Kevin James film, "Here Comes the Boom".
  • Ryan does not do well when cooped up in the house for 2.5 weeks.  I do not do well being cooped up in the house with Ryan for the same length of time.   
  • Diesel fuel turns to sludge in -20 degree weather.  When this happens you get yet ANOTHER day off of school when the buses don't start. 
  • If you don't want your kids to tell you they are bored, tell them they will have to clean their disgusting bathroom if they mention it.  They will come up with creative ways to get the point across, so make sure they understand that you do not want to know that they are less than fully engaged in activities that you do not have to come up with or participate in unless it is of your doing. 
  • Even if you manage to get all of the laundry done, including mating socks and getting it put away, if you turn your back, even for a minute, it will explode again and morph all over your house. 
  • I read a good book when I was on Christmas break.  It was called "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.  I have since found out that it is going to be turned into a movie with Reece Witherspoon in the lead role.  She would not have been my first pick to be in the lead, but we will have to wait and see how she does.  I would have picked somone like Sandra Bullock, or maybe the girl who played Hermione in Harry Potter.  Can't think of her name right now. 
  • I still don't like winter. 
  • This will cover it for now.  I hope this post finds you all warm and happy in this new year!

1 comment:

Emily Cureton Booth said...

Yes, I LOVED "Wild" and I also thought Reese Witherspoon was an interesting choice(and not one I would have made) but I guess we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to cast our final verdict.