Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

11 Favorite Things About Colin

Colin has pointed out that I have been more vocal about Ryan and I wanted to even the scales.  Here are my 11 favorite things about him since he is now officially 11 and a half. 

1.  He is my first born and I had five full years of him all to myself without distraction.  Those were some of the best years of my life.

2.  Colin has always been a great conversationalist.  Now that he is getting older and we have more in common, I love talking to him even more. 

3.  The sound of Colin's laughter is better than the best music and is one of my favorite sounds. 

4.  I love that he is willing to go with the flow if I ask him to, even and especially when I know that he is hesitant or aprehensive. 

5.  I love that he loves to read.  It is my favorite thing to do, and I am glad that he can enjoy it with me. 

6. I am so happy that he has developed a sense of self and is not afraid to stand up for himself, even and especially when it is not the easy road to take.  This will serve him well in life. 

7.  He is kind to everyone with the exception of his brother.  He could work on that a little bit, but Ryan does not make it easy. 

8.  Colin has a wicked sense of humor.  It is very dry and when delivered by an 11 year old it cracks me up. 

9.  He looks before he leaps.  He thinks things through to see the end result before he gets involved.  I am thankful for that the closer he gets to his teenage years. 

10.  Colin is very helpful.  While he is not the quickest to jump when I ask him to do things, I do appreciate all he does. 

11.  Ryan doesn't understand this yet, but Colin is a great brother.  They could not be any more different if they tried, it is a good thing that Colin is older.  Anyone else would have lost it, and Colin has too, but he does have a tremendous amount of patience with him. 

Colin, I am so glad that I get to be your mom.  I love you!

No comments: