Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bus Stop Talk

This is the conversation Ryan and I had on the way home from the bus stop today:

Me: How was your day?

Ryan:  MOM, I AM SO ANNOYED!

Me:  What happened?

Ryan:  I sat next to Susie* on the bus and now Pete* keeps saying I have a girlfriend!  I am too young to have a girlfriend!
Me:  (silently in my head:  HELL YES YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!)

Me:  (out loud) Don't worry about it, they are just trying to make you mad.

Ryan: (with all the attitude his little body can muster, and that is a lot of attitude)  Well, I'm MAD ALRIGHT!

I had to walk ahead of him the rest of the way home so he couldn't see me laughing.  Then he would have been mad at me, and Lord knows I don't want that reigning down on me!

Upon reading this, it might only be funny if you were there.  Sorry

*names have been changed to protect the somewhat innocent.

2 comments:

goldiebug said...

LOL! This is adorable!

And btw love your other posts too, just haven't commented lately. Keep up the good work!

Christina

Lisa said...

Ha! I can totally see my son acting this way.

My husband, his step dad will ask him if girls are his girlfriend (and he's in kindergarten) and he says "NO!" quite definatly. It's adorable.

Your post made me giggle at my desk! Thanks!