Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Political Post - Consider This Fair Warning

 I have always been a "live and let live" kind of person.  I don't try to push my beliefs on others, and I don't appreciate having others push theirs on me.  I like to think that I have an open mind, so if you want to have a calm, rational discussion on a touchy topic, lets discuss, and perhaps I just might change my mind.  Even if that doesn't happen, at least I will have learned from the experience.

With that being said, I just can't understand why people think that it is okay for that crazy woman to deny a marriage license to same sex couples.  It is not a question of who is right or wrong, it is a question on whether or not this woman is doing her job.

First, if your beliefs don't allow you to perform your job duties as outlined by the law, then you should not be doing that job.

Second, if you are going to pick and choose which aspects of the Bible you are going to agree with, that is not very Christian of you.   Just like statistics, you can bend the Bible to say just about whatever you like.  I may be wrong here, and if I am, please let me know, but I think God wants us to live our lives as an example of kindness and compassion.  If you are a criminal element that causes harm to others, and I am on jury duty, then it is my duty to pass judgement. Even though I have been called for jury duty three times, I have never been on a jury, so my opinions should never have legal consequences to anyone.

Finally, I believe that this woman is going to end up as a sad footnote in history.  Her actions will be seen as being as ridiculous as people that tried to stop women from voting.  I believe that people that are in a committed relationship with another person should be given the same rights and consequences as this woman who has been married four times.  I believe my friends who have three children together should be able to visit one another in the hospital if one falls ill.  I believe that they should not lose their house to others when one of them passes away.  I believe that medical benefits should be provided to their whole family.

I am sad that a presidential candidate had a rally when she was released from jail; that he even shed a tear.  I want God to bless America, but I want him to bless all of us, not just ones deemed "normal" to those that stand in judgement of anyone that might be different.

No comments: