Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

LOL means Laugh Out Loud...

It has been a bit hectic here for the past couple of weeks. It seems like the boys are off school every other day due to some teacher work day or Martin Luther King day or some other reason that isn't coming to mind. When they spend large amounts of time together they tend to start bickering like an old married couple. We have been working really hard on using kindness and respect with each other, and I have only lost my cool on them about three times. This is a huge improvement.

My Aunt Kathy visited us from Florida to take advantage of the amazing health care that we have here in Northeastern Ohio. We have some of the best hospitals in the world within 45 minutes from my front door. While she was here I got to spend some time with her explaining how Facebook works. My cousin had sent her a private message and had used LOL causing my aunt some confusion. I then had to explain the basics of abbreviation. It was great to see her and Uncle Ted and I look forward to the next time we see them.

In the middle of all that, My Aunt Mary Lou passed away. We spent every Christmas at her house while we were growing up. I can remember the smell of her house and how fascinated I was that she had two ovens. Her house was the first one that I had been to with a garbage disposal and I thought that it was sooooo cool. Most of her silverware had some sort of mark on it indicating it had fallen victim to said disposal. The thing I will remember most about Aunt Mary Lou is her amazing laugh. It seemed to come from her soul.  Just thinking of it now is making me smile. 

A quick update on Quinn.  She developed a really bad kind of pneumonia and needed to be intubated.  This is really bad because not only does she develop blisters on her skin, she also develops them internally and the trauma caused by the tube is really bad.  The good news is that she seems to be battling back again and they hope to have her off the ventilator by the end of the month.  She is one strong and stubborn little girl.  She also had her 5 month birthday! 

The laundry is calling so I must attack it with vigor, otherwise I will have to suffer the consequences.  It seems to multiply when I am not looking and then mocks me when I try to get it back under control.  AAUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: