Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Brief Look into our Morning Routine

This is to be sung to the tune "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton. 
(For those of you younger than 40, you can listen to it here)


Tumble out of bed and
Stumble to the kitchen,
Time to start the nagging and bitchin’
And pack the lunches one more time…….
Start the shower, find the clothes
Those damn socks,
You think I’d know
That they are trying to put me
Over the edge

(Chorus)
Its morning,
My day is just getting started
We are barely
Getting them moving,
They just won’t go,
Its like they’re in slow motion,
Its enough to drive you crazy if you let it.

Lets add in the dog,
its all barking and pooping
You would think that after
Two years we’d have a program,
Dave won’t walk him
Without me asking
I swear sometimes that man will make me crazy
(Back to chorus. Repeat two times.)
(I know this needs another verse, but after this morning I am wiped out.)

Really, it is amazing that they ever get out the door in the morning.  Once they are all gone I feel like I have just run a marathon and I should lock the door in case they try to get back in.   I can't remember how I used to do this and get myself ready in the morning, too.  This is the main reason why I love working from home. 

No comments: