Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Case of the Missing Cupcake

Okay, this post is going to seem like I am scattered and wandering in my thoughts, and that would be correct, but trust me, stay with it and it will all make sense. 

About two weeks ago Colin lost his little pouch, for lack of a better term, that holds his DS games.  We have looked quite a bit, and while I am hesitant to declare it gone, it has not turned up in all the usual places.  First he blamed Ryan, which is the usual target for blame, and then he accused me of hiding it. I ask you, why would I want to hide it?  Why would I want to hear about it every day, and why would I do that to Colin?  It is a conversation we have had every day since it went missing. 

Last week was spring break for our kids.  It was the most amazing spring break ever!  Spring sprang and the weather was in the 70's or 80's every day.  It was so nice that Dave took the whole week off to be with us.  On Monday he took the boys to the Natural History Museum in Cleveland.  On Tuesday we went to the Cleveland Zoo.  We wore shorts and were hot.  In March.  In Cleveland, Ohio.  It was an amazing day. 

On Wednesday, we decided to go to A&W.  In case you don't have this, it is where you go to get A&W root beer and you eat in your car.  They are closed during the winter so it is a big deal to go for the first time each year.  We then went for a walk, and the boys wanted ice cream.  They had been bugging me for days about the ice cream.  I wasn't in that big a hurry to get ice cream because, don't hate me here, I don't really like ice cream. 

Okay, stay with me here.  I have recently become a member of our local library's Foundation.  Our mission is to raise money to fill the gaps where public funding stops.  Our big fundraiser is coming up called the Dessert Extravaganza, and Ann and I had been out talking to bakeries to see if they would like to participate.  We stopped at a new bakery called Cupcake Binge and decided to try one while we were there.  I am telling you that it was THE BEST CUPCAKE EVER!!!! 

Well, the park we went to happened to be next to the Cupcake Binge so I stopped and got myself the Mexican vanilla which tastes like a snicker doodle in a cupcake, but I also got a chocolate/vanilla one because Ann raves about that one.  I didn't want to have to share so I waited until we got home after getting the kids their much anticipated ice cream.  When we got home I put my purse, phone and bag of cupcakes on the steps and went to do a load of laundry.  Good Lord, will the laundry ever end?  I finished that job and collected my things and went on my way.  About two hours later I decided I would like my cupcake and went to look for it.  I looked in the kitchen which was the most logical place, and no bag.  I looked in the car thinking I had forgotten to bring it in, and no bag.  I looked in the laundry room on the off chance I took it with me when I did the laundry, and still no bag.  I asked Dave if he had seen it and he said no.  I asked the boys, and still no results.  I accused Colin of hiding it in retaliation for him thinking I hid his DS games.  I am not proud.  I had obviously lost my mind. Still thinking that Colin had them,  I offered a $2.00 reward for anyone that returned my baked goods.  I was sure that Colin would hand them over and we would all go on our merry way. 

I was hot.  The nerve of someone to steal my cupcakes when they all got their precious ice cream.  I went to my bedroom to fold the laundry and wait to see who would be brave enough to admit to absconding with my treat.  About 15 minute later, the boys came busting into my room and flung a demolished bakery bag onto my bed and demanded their reward.  Max had stolen them from off the step while I was doing the laundry.  Now I was really mad.  My cupcakes were gone, Colin was demanding $2.00 and Ryan also thought he deserved a reward because he drew a picture of the scene of the crime. 

I swear he did this on purpose to mock me. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That is such a funny story and I love the pic of Max!! I'm still laughing....you know how to have a good time. :) Debbie