Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Week Wrap-Up

In all the excitement of getting ready for Ryan's party, I forgot to mention a few of the more mundane things from last week that I can't really believe I am excited about. 

1.  We got a new garbage disposal.  To most people this would not be a big deal, but as I may have mentioned, Dave and I have no useful skills when it comes to fixing things around our house.  About two months ago Dave turned it on and it emitted the most horrific sound to ever come out of one of my appliances.  It was a cross between a grinding and a screech.  I thought a washcloth might have found its way down there so I decided to check it out.  A quick looky-lou confirmed that alas, that was not the case, and I declared it dead.  It was at that time that we were officially broke as well so the replacement had to wait.  Let me just tell you a garbage disposal is one of those things that you won't ever miss until it is gone.  A call to Golden Dog Plumbing (I highly recommend them!) and I have a new one that is so quiet you can hardly hear it. 

2.  It was about this time that one of my neighbors got a new chain saw and wanted to try it out on one of my trees.  Well, one thing led to another and before I knew it, Dave had cut down everything in our yard.  We are currently without landscaping.  Since we were left with a bunch of stumps we had to call someone to grind them out.  When he came he told us one of our trees in our one-third acre woods was dead and in danger of crashing down on our porch.  The same porch that I just paid a gazillion dollars to get repaired because the roof was rotten and in danger of caving in on us.  (Hence the reason for being broke.)  We got the tree taken out, another one thinned out/trimmed, and all our stumps out.  Now as soon as we get some more money we can start to rebuild the landscaping with things that we like instead of things that were there when the house was built 20 years ago. 

I know to most people this is not all that exciting, but I am really happy with my boring little life in northeastern Ohio.  I can hardly wait to see what this week has in store for me.

1 comment:

Amanda Skinner said...

I finally got to read a blog!! Sounds like the summer of projects!! Have fun re-planting!! :)