Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Six

Ryan turns six today (I know, crazy, right?) so I thought I would tell you my six favorite things about him. 

1.  Hands down, it is his smile.  It is infectious and has let him get away with murder.  It lights up his whole face and reaches into your heart and makes you smile, too.  That is, of course if you don't want to ring his neck.  Oh, who am I kidding, even when I want to ring his neck.  I really wish I  could show you, but I have decided not to put my kid's pictures up on the Internet.  You are just going to have to trust me on this.

2.  He has never had a bad day, and he has never met a stranger.  He may get mad, and man, does that get ugly, but he gets over things quickly and then moves on to bigger and better things.  He is shy, but once he knows you for a few minutes, it would seem like you are long lost friends. 

3.  His sense of humor.  Few can make me laugh like he can. 

4.  His expressions.   A few of my favorites are short-sleeved pants and it is never tomorrow, it is always "after I sleep in this day."

5.  He wears his heart on his sleeve.  His emotions show right across his face and I swear sometimes I can see captions above his head in cartoon balloons telling me exactly what he thinks. 

6.  He loves with all of his heart.  It is still genuine and pure. 

Six years ago my life changed in ways I never could have imagined.  I am one of the luckiest people in the world.

1 comment:

kate said...

this is a test to see if comments is working....