Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Busy Day

Today I was busy from the second I got up until right now.  I know you are all interested in my fascinating life, so I will give you a rundown.

We started the day by going to my nephew Parker's 7th birthday party at a bowling alley.  First, why does seven sound so much older than six?  Anyway, there were nine boys and two girls.  Two lanes over there was a party of girls.  Our party involved wrestling and yelling and lots of pizza.  Their party was polite and relatively quiet, and did not involved chanting for cake.  In case anyone is wondering, this is why I do not have parties for my kids.  It is so far beyond my nerve capacity that there is no way on this green earth that it is going to happen.  Let this serve as notice that I give permission for my sisters to slap me if I should lose my mind enough to consider doing this.  Julie, on the other hand, who is a teacher of small children, does a wonderful job.  When my kids are older they will understand. 

From there I went to see Lauren get ready for prom.  She was stunning.  I am so proud of the woman that she is becoming, and her date is such a nice, hmm, what to call him.  He is too old to be called a boy, but not yet a man.  Lets call him a guy.  Sounds better than dude.  We went to one of her friend's houses to see about 12 to 15 couples (I lost count and they kept moving) get their pictures taken and for them to get into the limos.  She had the prettiest dress and was the most beautiful girl there, even if I am her aunt and a bit biased. 

From there we went to dinner with Ann and Bob and then to a movie.  I am not sure I can tell you the last movie that I saw that was not from Disney or Pixar.  It was so much fun to go out on a date and not even really talk about the kids.  We went to see Bridesmaids which was so funny my stomach hurts from laughing. 

This is really the first time that I have sat down to relax all day.  I am so glad that Judgement Day has come and gone and I am still here living my boring little life in Ohio.  It is a pretty good thing and I would hate to miss even a day of it. 

No comments: