Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

State of the Blog Address

This is a big thank you to everyone that is reading my blog.  Yesterday we hit 2000 page views.  Admittedly, most of these are from my facebook friends, but I do have a new following in Germany.  (Hi Germany!)  I did think that I was having some international views in Spain but later realized that it was my friend Lynn on a business trip. 

All in all, it is going better than I expected.  I am having a lot of fun with it and it is already proving to serve as a reminder for things that have happened that I would have forgotten.  It has also let me express how I feel for those close to me.  I have made a deliberate decision not to show pictures of my kids.  You will just have to take my word for it that they are the cutest boys you will ever see besides your own.  (I know mine are cuter, but I would hate to put you in an awkward position of having to say it out loud.)

I have a few things coming up that I hope will be blog-worthy.  The Relay For Life is two weeks away and next Saturday is our Saturday Night Dinner Club.  Last time we did it was with a professional chef. (His name is Chef Bill and that is how he referred to himself.  It was hard for me not to giggle.)   I am kind of worried about it being at my house this time since I saw our collective skills, but how far wrong can you go with Mexican?  Besides, I have two fire extinguishers. 

After Relay I am going on a girls weekend with a couple of my friends to celebrate our turning 40.  That will surly have content.  What happens in Pennsylvania will not stay there.  I am happy that it will end with a mani-pedi, but there is talk of a paint-ball war. 

So here is to you, my readers, most of whom I know, and some who are lurking. If you are a lurker, that is fine, but drop me a note so I know you are out there.  I would love to hear your thoughts.  Thanks for staying with me and I hope you will stick around for more of the ride.

No comments: