Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meredith Vieira Has Left the Building

Another one of my favorite television personalities has left her show.  First it was Oprah, and now it is Meredith Vieira.  I have enjoyed watching her in the morning for the last five years.  She has a great sense of humor and great chemistry with Matt.  I love that she is relatable and someone I would like to hang out with.  She does not take herself too seriously which is a quality I find refreshing in this age of inflated egos. 

She left to spend more time with her family, and this is something with which I can relate.  I have done a ton of cool things in my other life as a saleswoman.  I have gone to Cancun with Dave, cruised through the BMW driving school, and gone to Vegas and seen Sigfried and Roy and Cirque du Soleil. I have actually gone to the desert on a horse with no name. (Does that really count if it was in a convertible Mustang GT)  We have had private parties at famous restaurants all over the country.  I saw New Orleans before the hurricane and have the beads to prove it.  I have happily traded it all in to work from home to be with my boys.  I now get to be the one to get them off to school, meet them when they get home, attempt to cook dinner and talk Dave into helping with Colin's homework.  I am here to snuggle with Ryan and put him to bed.  I have to confess that this is not always my favorite time of the day, but I hope this will be the kind of thing that he will look back on and have fond memories.

I wish Meredith all the happiness in the world.  I am guessing she won't be hanging out of the Statue of Liberty with the gang anytime soon, but she can now hang out at the pool with her kids.  To me there is really no contest.  I pick the kids every day of the week. 

No comments: