Friday night, as I was walking in from picking Ryan up from preschool, I got a whiff of something that smelled like gas. Upon investigation I couldn't smell it again, and the pilot light in the furnace was running so I knew the furnace was working. I went upstairs and started getting dinner ready and the rest of the evening routine under way. I didn't have a reason to go back downstairs and promptly forgot about it.
As I have reported for the last several weeks, I haven't been myself. I am always tired and cranky. I don't like being around myself, so I can't imagine that I have been all that fun to be with. As it turns out, Dave went downstairs in the morning to take Max out and to get the paper. By that time there was no doubt that we had a gas leak. We made a few phone calls and did some further investigation and figured out it was the dryer. When we opened the dryer door and took off the front panel the smell was overwhelming. We needed a new dryer immediately so a trip to HH Gregg was completed and a new dryer was purchased.
I hate doing the laundry more than just about any chore around the house. It takes forever and never stops. Just when I think I have it all finished it is time to change clothes and I have to start all over again. I have always said that laundry was going to be the death of me. I never thought that it might actually kill me. We have since gotten the new dryer installed and I have started to feel like my old self. For that we can all be thankful.