Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Milestones

I am not one of those moms that cry whenever my baby does something big.  I didn't cry when my kids walked their first step, said their first word or went to preschool.  I didn't even cry when I dropped the boys off at daycare the first time.  I like to rejoice in their accomplishments and watch with amazement as they turn into great kids.

Yesterday we hit two big milestones in one day.  The weather was nice (all things being relative in the weather department in April in Ohio) so we were playing outside.  Ryan asked if we could take off the training wheels on his bike so we did.  He has not figured out how to ride it yet,  but he is working on it.  It is supposed to be warm this weekend, so I suspect that he will be heck on wheels by Sunday night. 

Yesterday was also kindergarten registration.  There were several moms there that were in tears, but I was not one of them.  I fall into the category of moms that are counting the days until my child gets to enter into the vast and wonderful world of mainstream education.  I am looking forward to him learning how to read.  Reading is one of my favorite activities.  A good book can take you anywhere or any period of time, and I can't wait to share it with him.  I am not looking forward to relearning new math, but maybe it will be easier the second time around.

How is it possible that he still looks like a baby when he is sleeping, but when he is awake he is such a big kid?  I love the boy he is turning out to be.

No comments: