Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

March Madness

The other night Dave asked if I wanted to go to the high school basketball playoff game.  Our local boys team had made it into the Sweet 16 and he wanted to take the family to support our team.  I really did not want to go so I said "no".  If the choice is to have the house to myself or maybe call one of my friends for a cocktail or to go to a sporting event where I don't know anyone playing and it is a school night, the choice seems like a no-brainer.  Dave couldn't believe that I wouldn't want to go to the game.

To make a long story short I ended up going to the game.  While we were there, Ryan inevitably got bored and started to use me as his own personal Barcolounger, whined about how he was STARVING TO HIS DEATH, wiped his nose on my shirt because he didn't have a tissue, etc.  He couldn't understand why everyone had to cheer SO LOUD.  It was hurting his ears!!!  On top of this, the game was a nail biter the whole way.  It ended up going into overtime when the other team took a last second shot to tie it up.  After four more minutes our team ended up winning by three when we blocked their last second shot to prevent their win.  By the time it was over I was exhausted and on the edge. 

I don't like suspenseful movies or books.  I would prefer to not have to deal with  Ryan in a confined space when I am not in control of the environment.  I don't understand why Dave would think that I would enjoy myself.  It was a good thing that I was belted into my seat and the car was moving when Dave asked if I wanted to drive four hours to go to the next game this weekend.  I thought he was joking.  Does this man that I have been married to for nearly 15 years really not know me at all?  Has he lost his ever loving mind? 

This time I said "no" and there is no amount of passive aggressive convincing that will change my mind.  I am stopping the madness right here and now.  I will not be going to another game unless my child is playing, and if it is a game like that one, there will be some sort of tranquilizer involved. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The game should be on Sports Time Ohio (at least if they make it to the finals). That's where we watched the Lady Tigers tonight!