Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Insprations - - at least for blogging.

I started reading blogs about five years ago when I stumbled across them from a radio station website.  It opened a whole new world to me and showed me that some of the things I was feeling were valid and I was not alone.  I wanted to share some of them with you so you can see who inspired me to write my own blog.

http://www.suburbanbliss.net/  Melissa Summers lives in suburban Detroit and was the first blog that I read.  She has two kids and a husband and a troubled past.  She was the first person I had ever read that was brutally honest with her feelings about motherhood.  It was refreshing to see that there was someone besides me that thought that it wasn't always rainbows and butterflies to be a mom. 

http://www.dooce.com/  Heather Armstrong is one of the original bloggers.  She started writing 10 years ago when she had left the Mormon church and was working in Los Angeles.  She has since married her soul mate, had a child, a nervous breakdown, another child and a ton of things in between.  She was one of the first people to be fired from her job for what she wrote in her blog and it is now referred to as  being Dooced when you are fired for what you write on a blog.  She was one of the first people I read that was open about her anxiety and depression and let me know that you could have these issues and still be a functioning member of society.  She is also one of the few people that can blog professionally and support her family. 

http://www.nothingbutbonfires.com/  This is written by Holly Burns who recently married her long time boyfriend.  She was born in England but has lived all over the world.    She is funny and insightful and has a whole different take on life.  She is someone that I would like to hang out with if I was in town.  She is currently a travel writer and lives in San Francisco with her husband Sean. 

http://www.notesfromthetrenches.com/  Chris Jordan has seven kids and has recently relocated to Austin, TX from the New England area.  I can usually relate to something her kids are doing, especially Miles who is the same age as Ryan.  Six of her kids are boys and one is a girl.  Most times after reading her blog I wonder how she can keep it together with seven kids and I struggle with two, especially since she has home schooled until this past school year. 

I have learned a lot about blogging and life from these ladies and hope to meet them at some point in my life.  I am not really sure what I would do or say, but I am fairly sure it would generate some cringe worthy content for this sight.

No comments: