Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

So Far, So Good

So far turning forty is not so bad.  The day started off kind of rocky when Ryan threw up.  He had tried to tell me yesterday that he didn't feel good but I made him go to school anyway.  He tried to tell me that his stomach hurt too bad to color, cut or paste.  He made it through the day and later in the evening told me that he was just making it up.  Well, karma caught up with him and he really is sick today. 

The day progressed and we got our long awaited furniture delivered.  Our old furniture was very pretty with a lovely floral pattern.  I loved it every day for the 14 years that we have had it.  Alas, all good things come to an end and we could no longer nurse it back to health.  Our recliners that went with it were a complimentary cranberry color but the fabric was splitting on the seat and the arms.  My neighbor has constructed some covers for them, but the footstool part was starting to go.  At 4:00 this afternoon, the La-Z-Boy Maverick collection was delivered and I am loving it.  We have two recliners and a couch that has two reclining sections so everyone can have their own area without having to touch each other.  This is huge for the boys who routinely end up wrestling to the death for a good spot on our old couch.  I have had to give up fashion for comfort as this couch is chocolate brown, but I seem to do that a lot these days.

Finally, we went to dinner with Ann and Bob.  It was so nice to have a good dinner with people that know everything about you.  Ann has been with Bob for over half my life and they have seen me at my best and my worst.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants and had some great food and drinks, good conversation, and an all-around good time.  If we keep this up, 40 is going to be just fine. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Big 4-0!! What a nice way to spend your birthday. I know how you feel, my 40th was a little hard to get through, and I didn't spend it the best way possible (with friends or family). Don't worry though, it's only a number! :-D